2015/12: New Grant (KETEP)
- MEL receives 3 years of research funding from the Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning (KETEP).
- Topic: Development of bio oil gas turbine combustion system for a distributed power generation (subtopic: bio-oil purification technology)
2015/11~12: International Collaboration (with University of Lyon & CNRS, France)
- Professors Ybert Christophe, Cottin-Bizzone Cecile, Pirat Christophe and Joly Laurent from CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research) and University of Lyon, France have visited MEL for a research collaboration.
2015/11: New Grant (BK21plus: 2nd phase)
- MEL successfully renewed the BK21+ and will continue to receive the 2nd phase BK21+ funding.
2015/11: Conference (KSME)
- MELers had a lab outing at the Jeju island with giving three talks in KSME fall conference
- Improved Corrosion Resistance of Nanostructured Superhydrophobic Aluminum Surfaces (presented by Kyungwhan)
- Heat and Mass Transfer Performance of Nanostructured Evaporator Wicks Combined with Porous Metal Liquid Supply Structures (presented by Seunggeol)
- Water Harvesting Performance of Nano-Engineered Water Repellant Tube Type Condensers (presented by Donghyun)
2015/10: New Paper (International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer)
- Congratulations to Hyunsik for a publication in the prestigious heat transfer journal International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Title: Condensation Behaviors and Resulting Heat Transfer Performance of Nano-Engineered Copper Surfaces. Link
2015/09: New Affiliation
- Prof. Nam was nominated as an Associate Editor of Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology.
2015/09: New Grant (Samsung Electronics)
- MEL receives 5 years of research funding from Samsung Electronics Semiconductor division.
- Title: Advanced thermal packaging techniques for mobile application processors
2015/08: New Paper (Energy)
- Congratulations to Young Jun and coauthors for a publication in the prestigious energy journal Energy.
- Title: Study on a numerical model and PSA (pressure swing adsorption) process experiment for CH4/CO2 separation from biogas Link
2015/07: Foreign Conference (InterPACK/ICNMM 2015)
- Seunggeol presents paper at InterPACK/ICNMM 2015, San Francisco, California, USA, 2015
2015/06: New Paper (Soft Matter)
- Congratulations to Prof.Nam and coauthors for a publication in the prestigious surface science journal Soft Matter.
- Title: Two types of Cassie-to-Wenzel wetting transitions on superhydrophobic surfaces during drop impact Link
2015/05: New Grant (NRF)
- MEL receives 3 years of extended young researcher funding (2nd phase) from National Research Foundation (NRF).
- Topic: Smart heat transfer surfaces with reversible wetting characteristics
2015/04: Conference (KSME)
- MELers attended KSME conference in Haeundae, Busan and gave 3 talks.
- High energy density thermodynamic battery for space applications
- Water harvesting performance of nano-engineered tube type condensers.
- Nano-engineered surfaces for energy and environmental applications
2015/04: Award (Young Researcher Award)
- Congratulations to Prof. Nam for receiving the "Young Researcher Award" from the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineering (KSME).
- One of MEL's projects "High energy density thermophotovoltaic battery for space applications" was featured as R&D Innovation by Seoul Finance Newsletter. Link
2015/04: New Grant (Doosan Heavy Industry)
- MEL receives new research funding from Doosan Heavy Industry.
- Topic: Advanced power plant condensers with high heat transfer performance.
2015/02: New patents
- Congratulations to Donghyun, Seunggeol and Prof.Nam for registering new patents
- #10-1492823: Water harvesting systems with micro/nano hybrid surfaces
- #10-1486413: Capillary-driven microfluidics with micropost arrays
2015/02: MEL Lab Outing
- MELers had lots of fun in Hyundai Sungwoo resort.
2015/02: Domestic Conference
- Kyounghwan and Junghun present posters at The 48th Winter Annual Conference of the Korean Vacuum Society, Hoengseong, Korea, 2015
2015/01: New Grant (KRISO)
- MEL receives a research funding from Korea Research Institute of Ships and Ocean Engineering (KRISO).
- Topic: Anti-fouling & anti-corrosion nano surfaces for ocean power plants
2015/01: New Paper (Soft matter)
2015/01: New Paper (Soft matter)
- Congratulations to Donghyun and coauthors for a publication in the prestigious surface science journal Soft Matter.
- Title: Droplet Coalescence on Water Repellent Surfaces Link
2015/01: Foreign Conference (GRC)
- Donghyun and Hyunsik present papers at Gordon Research conference, Galveston, Texas, USA, 2015
2015/01: International Collaboration (Tokyo University of A & T)
- MEL established a MOU (Memorandum of understanding) with Tokyo University of A & T to promote mutual academic cooperation including faculty & student exchange and academic forums.
- 2014/12: Congratulations to Donghyun and coauthors for a publication in Langmuir.
- 2014/11: Donghyun and Hyunsik present papers at PowerMEMS 2014 14th conference, Hyogo, Japan, 2014
- 2014/10: Congratulations for a publication in Optics Express.
- 2014/10: Congratulations to Donghyun and coauthors for a publication in Soft Matter.
- 2014/09: Kyounghwan Song presents a paper at Eurosensors Conference, Brescia, Italy, 2014
- 2014/09: MEL receives 5 years of nano materials core technology funding from NRF.
- 2014/09: MEL receives a funding from TS Engineering
- 2014/08: Seunggeol presents a paper at IHTC 15th conference, Kyoto, Japan, 2014
- 2014/07: Congratulations for a publication in Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering.
- 2014/07: Congratulations to Hyunsik and coauthors for a publication in Langmuir.
- 2014/06: [Talk] MEL presents two papers at SAREK Summer Conference, Korea.
- Water Harvesting Performance via Condensation presented by Donghyun Seo
- Enhanced Condensation Heat Transfer on Nanostructured Copper Surfaces presented by Hyunsik Kim
- 2014/06: [Grant] MEL receives a 5 years of space technology funding from National Research Foundation (NRF).
- High Energy Density Thermophotovoltaic Batteries for Space Applications 2014~2019.06
- 2014/06: [Grant] MEL receives a research funding from LG Electronics Corporation.
- Advanced Heat Exchangers with High Heat Transfer and Anti-Freezing Performances 2014~2015
- 2014/06: [Talk] Kyunghwan's work was accepted for the presentation at the Eurosensers, Italy, Septemper, 2014
- Nanostructured Shape Memory Alloy for Vascular Devices
- 2014/06: [Grant] MEL receives research funding from SM Business Administration.
- Development of Nanostructured Shape-Memory Alloys 2014~2015
- 2014/06: [Grant] MEL collaborates with the Doosan Heavy Industry.
- Nano Engineered Surfaces for New Power Generation Systems 2014
- 2014/04: [Grant] MEL receives research funding from Kyung Hee University.
- High Efficiency Thermophotovoltaic Batteries 2014
- 2014/04: [Talk] MEL presents three papers at KSME spring conference, Jeju, Korea
- Water Harvesting Performance of Scalable Nano-Engineered Cu Surfaces presented by Donghyun Seo
- Condensation Heat Transfer Performance of Nano-Engineered Cu Surfacs presented by Hyunsik Kim
- Solar Thermophotovoltaic Devices with Nanophotonic Absorbers and Emitters presented by Youngsuk Nam
- 2014/03: [Grant] MEL receives BK21+ funding from National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF).
- Nano-engineered high efficiency energy conversion systems 2014~max.2019
- 2014/03: Congratulations to Seunggeol and wonchul for a publication in International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer.
- Heat transfer and capillary performance of dual-height superhydrophilic micropost wicks Link
- 2014/02: Congratulations for a publication in Nature Nanotechnology.
- 2014/01: Congratulations to Prof.Nam and coauthors for a publication in Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells.